With over 10 years of worldwide operation the VEHICO steering robots enjoy an increasing popularity. From the beginning very much appreciated by our customers was the fact that the vehicle's own steering wheel does not have to be removed. Our leading role in behind-the-wheel steering robots is even approved by competitors as they newly try to copy our design. No copy you find elsewhere reaches our quality, flexibiltiy and smooth running behaviour.
VEHICO's steering robot design guarantees that the engine control units are not confused by the lack of the vehicle's own steering wheel and that the airbag deployment remains ensured. No disturbing or even dangerous structures between the steering wheel and the driver are necessary. These advantages are even combined with an unbeatable short installation time.
The VEHICO steering robots can execute highly dynamic steering accurate and repeatable in any test vehicle. Typical applications are sideslip tests according to FMVSS 126 respectively ECE R13-H, autonomous driving or rollover testing. The steering robots of the newest generation are available in three different performance classes.
The VEHICO Steering Robots offer the following features
no special steering wheel necessary
Longsome modifications are not required, the steering robot is simply mounted to the car's steering wheel. Or to a possibly used measurement steering wheel. A special actuator steering wheel is not required. The driver can drive the equipped vehicle manually at any time.
- no safety-critical structures between steering wheel and driver
There are no annoying or even safety-critical structures between the steering wheel and the driver.
- quick and easy installation
Is the setup time important to you? Fast mounting to the steering wheel, strut simply with one arm to the windshield. Quick adaptation to different vehicles. We don't know of any other steering robot that can be installed that quick.
- steering torque
The newest generation of VEHICO steering robots comes with steering torque measurement.
- intuitive scripting language for easy programming of steering profiles
For many years VEHICO successfully uses an intuitive scripting language with which all possible profiles can be freely programmed by simple commands and associated parameters. Numerous standard profiles are preconfigured. External trigger signals can be considered as well.
record and replay steering maneuvers
You can record manually driven steering maneuvers, save them and replay them later with highest precision.
The VEHICO steering robots come with the capability to control the desired steering wheel angle online. If you want to program e.g. your own path following or similar and want to generate the desired steering wheel angle by a superior computer, the VEHICO steering robot is able to directly control this value in the online mode.
GPS-based automatic track control
The automatic track control, sometimes also known as path following, is integrated as software option CO.TRACK in our steering robots. From high precision driving on a straight line to highly dynamical driving up to 1g lateral acceleration is possible with CO.TRACK.
Likewise all robots the VEHICO steering robots are equipped with an OBD2 interface. With this you are conveniently enabled to use the cars own velocity signal as trigger signal and can abandon an external sensor.
combinable with all VEHICO gas pedal and brake robots
The steering robots are combinable with all VEHICO gas pedal and brake robots. All driving robots can be operated together from one common webinterface, they can run synchronized between each other and the logged data is merged.
- unique price / perfomance ratio
The VEHICO steering robots achieve a so far unique price / performance ratio with a very attractive price and simultaneously excellent features.
- connect any sensors on freely configurable CAN interface with dbc file import
- different CAN signals may be computed with each other, e.g. to calculate a TTC (time to collision) value out of distance and speed
- no software installation required
- easy operation and test analysis
- power from the vehicle power supply, no extra battery packs needed
- power decoupling from vehicle possible
- own UPS for computer technology
- LAN or WLAN interface to steering robot software
|interfaces||CAN, LAN, RS232, Digital In, Digital Out|
|power supply||vehicle on-board power 11-15V DC|
|steering angle velocity||depending on version up to 1200°/s|
|steering torque||up to 60 Nm at 1200°/s|
|overall weight||< 30 kg|
|resolution of steering angle||0,05°|
Range of Application
- DIN ISO 7401: 2003 Frequency Response, Steering Angle Step, Sinus Wave Test
- ISO 13674-2:2006 On-Centre Handling Tests
- NHTSA: J-Turn, Fish-Hook Fixed Time, Fish-Hook Roll Rate Feedback
- FMVSS 126 / ECE R13-H Electronic Stability Control Systems: Slowly Increasing Steer (SIS), Sine with Dwell
- Closing Radius Turn
- Resonant Steer Maneuver
- Pulse Steer
- Embankment Rollover
- EuroNCAP AEB city, inter urban and pedestrian testing