High-precision automatic driving
Thanks to state-of-the-art technology also for dynamic driving manoeuvres
The track controlled driving, sometimes also known as path following, enables the vehicle to exaclty follow xy-coordinates on the road even for high dynamic driving maneuvers.The necessary steering and pedalling movements are calculated in real time at high speed. In addition to a convenient way of specifying the route and speed, manual journeys can of course also be recorded and automatically retraced with high precision.
Reproducible, smooth and robust steering with at the same time intuitive operation are essential features. CO.Track is available as software option for all of our steering robots.
Features of CO.Drive
Due to their enormous flexibility, our steering robots are used in a wide range of different applications:
- highly dynamic driving maneuvers with lateral acceleration up to 1g
- smooth, yet very quick steering response
- track based velocity and deceleration control
- high reproducibility and accuracy in lateral and longitudinal direction
- compatible with all standard GPS sensor systems like Oxford, Racelogic, Genesys or iMar
- simple definition of the desired track by recording manual driving or with the intuitiv VEHICO scripting language
- regardless of engine concept (diesel/petrol) and transmission (manual/automatic)
- any combination of open-loop and closed-loop maneuvers possible
- quick and easy adaptation to different vehicles
Reproducibility and Accuracy
CO.Drive accelerates and decelerates the test vehicle according to predefined profiles. Over the entire speed range, highest accuracies are achieved in transverse and longitudinal direction.
The example application of target point braking shown in the picture illustrates the potential of CO.Drive. During the braking process, the deceleration required for the specified stopping point is constantly recalculated and adjusted in real time. This enables high-precision stopping at a specified point on the test track.
For accuracy, it is irrelevant whether the vehicle has a diesel or petrol engine and whether it is a manual or automatic transmission.
Areas of application
Wide range of applications
Typical fields of application for CO.Drive are vehicle tests in which a human driver can either no longer be used for health reasons or his accuracy or reproducibility is no longer sufficient for the required measurement results. CO.Drive is easily adaptable to the prevailing test conditions and thus opens up a multitude of different and thus opens up a multitude of different areas of application: